How to wear the Tallit
1. Open the tallit and hold it with both hands, with the atarah (neckband) in front of you.
2. Say the blessing: "BARUCH ATA ADONAI ELOHAYNU MELECH HAOLAM ASHER KID'SHANU B'MITZVOTAV VTZIVANU L'HITATAYF BATZITZIT"
3. Kiss the end of the blessing, appearing on one side of the atarah, and then the beginning of the blessing appearing on the other side.
4. Wrap your shoulders with the tallit, making sure to cover your head for a few moments, to seclude yourself in sanctity.
5. Adjust the tallit to your shoulders.
The atarah is a decorated neckband commonly embroidered at the head of the tallit and aimed to prevent the user from confusing the tallit's upper and lower sides and placing the front tzitziot at his or her rear. Some have developed the custom of adding an atara made of embroidered silver threads, in order to glorify the mitzvah of donning the tallit.
Yair Emanuel's tallit neckbands are produced from the same materials used to decorate our tallitot: raw silk appliqu and hand embroidery.
We will be happy to combine a neckband of your choice in one of our tallitot.
Visit Out Tallit Collection: http://www.arbel-judaica.com/tallit